We offer sedation dentistry in Okotoks, so our patients can receive dental treatments comfortably. There are many sedation options available to relieve patients of dental anxiety.
Sedation Dentistry Near You
Our office offers sedation dentistry in Okotoks, AB, to help patients relax before dental procedures. There are various sedation options available for different levels of anxiety. If you feel anxious, please let us know! We offer sedation dentistry near you to ensure you are comfortable receiving treatment. Sedation can be a good option if you are suffering from any of the following:
- Strong gag reflexes
- Difficulties sitting still for long durations
- Anxiety from the discomfort, sounds or smells associated with dental procedures
We provide sedation dentistry in Okotoks, AB, in three formats. Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is the mildest form of sedation. The sedation will be administered through a breathing mask during the procedure.
Oral sedation offers deeper, conscious sedation. You will take a pill before your appointment. The effects of oral sedation will last longer compared to nitrous oxide.
Intravenous (IV) sedation is the deepest form of sedation we offer. We recommend IV sedation for patients with very severe dental anxiety or lengthy, intense dental treatments. When receiving IV sedation, our staff will constantly monitor you while you are asleep.
Three Key Points About Sedation Dentistry
- Our dentist will recommend a type of sedation based on your anxiety level, current medications, and medical history.
- Please avoid driving if you are receiving sedation.
- Please rest for the rest of the day after receiving sedation.
Looking for sedation dentistry near you? Our dental office Okotoks offers sedation dentistry in Okotoks, AB, to reduce anxiety and discomfort.